Welcome to my new site layout! About 3 weeks ago, I put out a survey asking for your help on picking a logo. The responses were very helpful, and some were just plain hilarious. I also had a few that were a bit confusing…
Anyways, my designer Jason Clement and I have been working on a new site layout to reflect my consulting practice as well as be open enough for blogging, video blogging, and some writing I hope to do.
Now that my visual overhaul is done, I’m moving on to finishing my first abbreviated e-book. It will be advice from things I’ve learned and experienced through 3 career changes. If you’re making career choices now or ever thought of changing your current career, this book might be for you! I’ll be wrapping it up soon as a free gift. Maybe you can give me even more feedback and tell me if my writing stinks or not. If the comments are anything like the ones below, I’d welcome all the feedback I can get, haha.
Before signing off, here are my 10 favorite comments from the logo survey; some serious, some funny, some just…confusing. My reactions are in italics.
- Shiek, Suave, sexy. If your not going for sheik and professional than it has way to much of those elements.
This is a compliment, I think. Right?
- Hebrew numbers
Oh. Ummm. What?
- The M in the actual logo reminds me of a road or journey that you would take me on and makes me want to join you on the journey.
Christopher Hopper must have left this comment.
- 다른 것들은 누가 호스트인지 모르겠다. 쇼가 생각나기보다는 상품이 생각난다.
Ah, Korean. Either my brother-in-law…or Christopher Hopper using Google translate.
- Fluid design, but the white on black make it look blod
White & black = blood?
- The “M” reminds me of wings of a dove (like HS dove) and the talk bubble is like God speaking to me.
Whatever connects you to Jesus…I guess…
- well, I’m bent towards math, so my mind is going places there that I don’t think you’re wanting it to go.
Good, because I’m Korean and hate math…
- It’s cute! ^____^v
The heck is that thing after this comment? A smiley face with a teardrop?
- I would call me – sam – and i can help you discuss some other options.
Shameless plug…love it.
- Pick mine or else. 😉
This must be Jason (my designer). Or my wife. Neither would use that smiley face, though…
If you shared your thoughts on my logo, thanks for being a part.
Please: tell me what you think of the new look!
Also check out: