This episode is a direct response to a question posted in the Brand You Community Facebook group by Mariana Ruiz:
“One thing that keeps coming to mind is how do you get good at networking? I am a huge introvert and this year I have pushed myself out to join masterminds and even going to a live event. How do I keep up those relationships and nourish the right ones without feeling burnt out? And also making sure they are strategic.”
A few thoughts regarding my personal mindset when it comes to networking: It’s not about hunting, it’s about helping. It is about farming. It’s about cultivating relationships. I also look to connect with superconnectors.
Here are the five points summed in today’s episode:
- Pick who you want to get to know
- Study these folks ahead of time so you’re prepared to add legendary value.
- Ask questions that get the conversation going.
- Take a strategic selfie
- Follow up and offer something they would genuinely find useful
Never Ask These Questions!
- Is there anything I can help you with?
- So, tell me about yourself…
- What’s your story?
- What do you do?
Instead, Ask These Questions:
- What’s giving you energy right now?
- What are you working on that’s really exciting you?
- I know such-and-such a person that might be a great fit for you. Interested?
Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
Join the Brand You Community on Facebook:
Have you checked out this invite-only group?
Liked this episode? Leave a review on iTunes and I’d love to give you a shoutout on the show! Make sure to leave your website so I can link back to it.
I’d love to connect on social: