Here’s a glimpse into my notebooks: one-liners, proverbs, and memorable quotes I’ve foraged that have shaped my life in many ways.
- “Putting someone on a pedestal puts them in a very lonely place.” – Becca Johnson
- “We need priests/pastors to remind us that one day we are going to die. But we need poets, writers, singers to remind us we’re not dead yet.” – Linford Detweiler
- “The hypocrite never intends to become the person they’re pretending to be.” – T.F. Tenney
- “One very interesting thing about money… it doesn’t buy class.” – unknown
- “Silence cannot be misquoted.” – unknown
- “Generosity is what keeps the things I own from owning me. Live generously.” – Eugene Cho
- “Today is the oldest you have been and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of every moment!” – Nicky Gumbel
- “Because of the internet, the enemy is not piracy–it’s obscurity.” – Seth Godin
- “Focus = Follow One Course Until Success.” – Michael Hyatt
- “If we are unaware of the things that rightfully belong to us, then we will never ask for them.” – Leif Hetland
Have any one-liners you’d like to share?