In this episode, you’ll discover the goal-setting framework I learned at Tony Robbins’ Date with Destiny seminar in West Palm Beach, FL.
If you’re anything like me, goal-setting is a mixed bag. There are a lot of good frameworks out there, but I’ve found I tend to focus too much on business goals when I use them. I loved this framework because it helped me set goals for my overall life and over multiple years rather than focusing on just the next one year.
The Tony Robbins Guide to Year-End Goal Setting:
- Set 4 categories: 1. Things & Stuff, 2. Experiences, 3. Treasure, 4. Contributions
- Write down 1, 3, 5, or 10 next to each goal to represent the years
- Write down your one-year goals and rank the top 4
- Then ask 4 follow up questions for each goal
The 4 Follow-Up Questions:
- Why to you want to accomplish this goal?
- What is the pain you will feel if you don’t accomplish this goal?
- What is the pleasure you’ll get from accomplishing this goal?
- How will accomplishing this goal contribute to others?
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment. Here’s an article he wrote about the benefits of podcasting:
Check it out and then schedule a FREE strategy call with him at the bottom of that page.