Headlines are the “ad for the rest of your ad” — if your headline isn’t strong, then people won’t read your post / email / social update.
Whenever I get stuck, I turn to my database of headlines that I’ve compiled over the years (what marketers call a “swipe file”) to draw some inspiration. I thought these would be helpful. Save this email and adapt accordingly to your own needs:
- 5 Familiar Skin Troubles — Which Do You Want to Overcome?
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Secret of Making People Like You
- 10 Ways to Beat the High Cost of Living
- You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Retire on a Guaranteed Income for Life
Hold on, let’s pause for a moment.
You might be wondering just how to adapt these, so let me show you before I share a few more headlines.
All you really need to do is put on your thinking cap and think about the problems and people these headlines are targeting. For example,
- “You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Retire on a Guaranteed Income for Life” can turn into:
- “You Don’t Have to Be A Great Writer To Grow A Six-Figure Blog”
- “5 Familiar Skin Troubles — Which Do You Want to Overcome?” can turn into:
- “5 Familiar Branding Mistakes — Which Do You Want to Fix?”
Ok, I think you get it. 🙂 Here are a few more headlines you can play with:
- Why Some People Always Make Money on Webinars
- A New Concept in Weight Control
- What’s New in Summer Sandwiches?
- See How Easily You Can Dance this Way
- Speak Spanish Like A Diplomat
- If You’re Out of the Market Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
- Build A Body You Can Be Proud Of
- Who Else Wants to Look Like A Movie Star?
- Thousands Now Play Who Never Thought They Could
- To Men and Women Over 65 Who Need Affordable Life Insurance Coverage
- Finally, A Carribean Cruise As Good As Its Brochure
- What Do Japanese Managers Have That American Managers Sometimes Lack?
- Announcing a Painless Cut in Ad Spending
- The 5 Tech Stocks You Must Own NOW
- Why Most Blogs Fail — and What You Can Do About It