In this episode, I share the approach to goal setting that I learned at Tony Robbins’ Date with Destiny seminar in West Palm Beach, FL.
Date with Destiny was one of the most powerful and important events I’ve ever attended, and though I can’t do the impact justice through a podcast, I felt one of the best things I could share would be Tony’s approach to goal-setting.
If you’re anything like me, goal-setting is a mixed bag. There are a lot of good goal-setting frameworks out there, but they’re also easy to get tired of. I found myself in that boat and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this one.
The Tony Robbins Guide to Year-End Goal Setting:
- Set 4 categories: 1. Things & Stuff, 2. Experiences, 3. Treasure, 4. Contributions
- Write down 1, 3, 5, or 10 next to each goal to represent the years
- Write down your one-year goals and rank the top 4
- Then ask 4 follow up questions for each goal
The 4 Follow-Up Questions:
- Why to you want to accomplish this goal?
- What is the pain you will feel if you don’t accomplish this goal?
- What is the pleasure you’ll get from accomplishing this goal?
- How will accomplishing this goal contribute to others?
Join the Brand You Community on Facebook:
Have you checked out this invite-only group?
Liked this episode?
Leave a review on iTunes and I’d love to give you a shout out on the show! Make sure to leave your website so I can link back to it.