Businesses go through “re-brands” all the time … even successful ones. A few reasons why you might consider re-branding:
- you feel “stuck” in a niche you don’t want to stay in any longer
- you want to serve a market or client that pays more money
- you offer so many services or do so many different things well — that you don’t know what to promote or how to position yourself for the future
These are all good reasons to re-brand. The bad news? You can’t afford to mess up. There’s too much at stake.
That’s the situation author and speaker Ken Davis of the SCORRE Conference found himself in … so he hired me to rebrand his business. I started with his site which used to look like this:
The problem: this website violates every single rule of effective branding.
- The audience isn’t clear. Speakers? Preachers? Comedians? Authors? What’s their definition of a communicator?
- The offer isn’t clear. Is this a conference? Course? Video? The map isn’t even clickable!
- The most-wanted-action is not clear. Should I watch that video? Read the text? Click one of the 10 buttons on this section of the home page?
To be fair, this is very common. Ken and his team meant well, and they probably listened to a bunch of experts that said they should have a PDF lead magnet, webinar, video, graphics, pictures, pop-up, hello bar, email funnel, and exit popup.
This site was a classic example of “random acts of marketing.” No wonder attendance at Ken’s conference was taking a hit. On this current design, it took 3 clicks just to get to the registration page!
I went into “digital makeover beast mode” and created this:
Ahhhh. Zen. Clarity. Cleanliness. Strategic execution with actual intended outcomes in mind!
I even took things a step further and renamed their small groups. Peer coaching and small group interactions were a major benefit of Ken’s event, so instead of the bland “small groups” term, I renamed them “SCORRE Circles.”
(Ken and his team shouted with glee and told me they wanted to hug and kiss me through the computer screen when they read that section. We kept it appropriate, though.)
Want me to do something like this for you?
Book a strategy call on my Borrow My Brain page. Together we will:
- map out your re-brand
- make sure you avoid positioning pitfalls
- position you for better clients
- establish you as an undeniable authority in your niche
- clarify your marketing message
- (If Ken Davis trusts me to rebrand his bread-and-butter conference, you can trust me too.)
One catch: you have to fill out the application on this page. Why?
- Because I want to make absolutely sure this is the right decision for you. I’m your guide, not some poacher. Honestly, my team and I don’t need the money. We’re doing well. We’re doing this to create an opportunity for you to get the same kind of traction Ken did … if you want it.
- Because I want to make sure we hit the ground running on our call. I’m going to take a few hours scouring your website and current marketing materials before we talk. That way we won’t waste a bunch of time on small talk or a drawn out “tell me about your business” exchange. Plus you’ll tell me your short-term and long-term goals. This will help me map out the right marketing strategy for you.
If you feel “stuck” in a niche you don’t want to stay in any longer, want to serve a market or client that pays more money, or offer so many services or do so many different things well that you don’t know what to promote…
We’ll get this re-brand thing right.