Most business owners don’t know the difference between a copyright, trademark, and patent, and therefore have no protection over their intellectual property. The cliché is true: we don’t know what we don’t know. So, I invited my attorney and fellow entrepreneur Steven Thrasher onto the show today to walk through all of this for us.
- What intellectual property in general, and trademarks and copyrights specifically, are
- Why and when we would want to call an intellectual property attorney
- The key differences between planners, procrastinators, and panickers
- The best plan to follow in protecting our intellectual property
If you’ve ever wondered if you’re doing something that might make you liable or if someone could steal your stuff, listen up.
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Domain name checker
- Steven’s “7 Deadly Sins” that online business owners commit
Subscribe to the Brand You Podcast Here:
Did you know? The Brand You Podcast was recently listed as an “all-time bestseller” in Apple Podcasts for marketing. Subscribe free to get new episodes every Wednesday:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com