Want to write a book? Whether you’re looking to self-publish or land a traditional book deal, one thing is for sure: a great book starts with a great concept.
Chad Allen is a writer, speaker, editor, and writing coach. A 20-year publishing professional, he has worked with such bestselling authors as Michael Hyatt, Caroline Leaf, and Mark Batterson.
He is the creator of Book Proposal Academy, an online course, and BookCamp, a mentoring and community hub for writers. His passion is helping writers get their books into the world, and he blogs at http://www.chadrallen.com/.
A few questions I asked Chad during this interview:
- How did you find yourself in the book-publishing industry?
- If you had to narrow down what publishers are looking for to three things, what would they be?
- I think most of my listeners understand the importance of platform and good writing, so let’s talk about book concepts. How do you come up with a good one?
- How do writers pitch their book idea to publishers?
- What goes into a book proposal?
- How have you seen writers shoot themselves in the foot in a book proposal?
- How can writers make their proposals stand out?
Subscribe to the Brand You Podcast Here:
Did you know? The Brand You Podcast was recently listed as an “all-time bestseller” in Apple Podcasts for marketing. Subscribe free to get new episodes every Wednesday:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com