James Harrington is the founder of the nonprofit Ugandan Water Project. I got to know James back when we were both involved in the ministry world and even played on tour together. In this episode, we talk about why James began the Ugandan Water Project and what he has learned over the nearly 15 years he has been running the nonprofit.
Some of the questions we dive into are:
- How did he get into starting a nonprofit for communities in Uganda from his small town in western New York?
- What were his early fundraising pitches like?
- Who were the people connecting with in the beginning?
- Was there a season where he felt like they had finally made it?
- What are the project’s core values?
Learn more about the Ugandan Water Project at ugandanwaterproject.com.
Save $150 on YATB Live Recordings:
You can now get the recordings from the event for $150 off! I want you to be able to experience the wisdom that speakers like Marissa Nehlsen, Lauren Johnson, and Travis Chappell shared. Get all of the recordings, and some bonus sessions, for just $47:
Brand You Funnels Info Session:
I created an all-in-one online marketing and customer management platform for people who are ready to get real business systems in place. This includes calendars, customer onboarding, email marketing, online courses, and more. Every month I am hosting a free live training on how I’ve used this system to run my business.
Learn more and sign up at brandyoufunnels.com.
Get Your Free Audio Copy of You Are The Brand Today!
- Get the audiobook version of “You Are The Brand” absolutely free: mikekim.com/yatbaudio
- Get details on the physical book: youarethebrandbook.com
Connect with Me on Social:
Subscribe to You Are The Brand Here:
Did you know? You Are The Brand was recently listed as an “all-time bestseller” in Apple Podcasts for marketing. Subscribe free to get new episodes every Tuesday:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to Danny Ozment. Find out more at emeraldcitypro.com