Now that we’re a whole week into 2011, I’ve had occasion to reflect on 2010. Every year is full of challenges but 2010 was one of the best years of my life! It was also one of the most productive both professionally and personally. I’m thankful to my family, friends, church, and brothers & sisters in the wider body of Christ for all the support, prayers, and kindness shown to my wife, my team, and myself over the past 12 months! I want to especially thank the ministries that hosted us over the past year. Here are some ministry highlights from 2010:
- January – wrote my first book called He Who Honors Me with my friend Derek Levendusky, released in May. Led worship at the Youth Leaders’ Summit, a conference for youth pastors and leaders.
- Feb – March – studied (a lot) for my comprehensive exam for my Masters…a 6 hr exam!
- April – finished my Masters degree! People called me “Master Kim”…for about 2 days. Later in the month my awesome friends Christopher Hopper Band led worship at our church! Soo fun.
- May – traveled to St. Louis to spend a few days with Kent Henry and then went to Kansas City to participate in the first AllAboutWorship retreat. Made some great new friends there!
- June – prepping our church team for our live recording
- July – live recording took place…and it was awesome.
- August – went to visit my wife Iris who was doing a summer internship in California. We spent time in San Francisco, Napa Valley, the Pacific Coast Highway, and San Diego! So fun! California (my home state) is beautiful!
- September – ministered at Church of Our Saviour in Singapore for their Creative Arts retreat…my first visit to Singapore and Malaysia. If this was the only trip I took all year, I would have been happy. I miss everyone there!
- October – participated in the Forge Conference in NJ with Joel Klampert and also spent a week speaking at Christ For the Nations in Dallas, TX. A few weeks later I was in Boise, ID doing post-production on our live worship album.
- November – Saturate Youth Conference (see video here!) and Thanksgiving with family!
- December – Our live album called A Greater Glimpse releases! After Christmas my team and I led at Joshua Revolution Niagara 2010 Youth Conference in Niagara Falls, NY. Amazing leaders, amazing conference!
I traveled over 50,000 miles last year but under grace it was no sacrifice. Despite finishing my Masters, a book, producing an album, and the amazing opportunities for travel and ministry, what brought me the most pleasure and satisfaction was spending time with my wife, family, and good friends. Friends and relationships were also what made all the travel so enjoyable, even when I was away from family. I think life is too short to get caught up in how busy our calendars get, even if they are good things. The more I did “out there”, the more I appreciated what I already have. When all the opportunities fade away, what remains is my family, friends, and God’s hand on our lives. Thanks for all your support and Happy New Year!