Your copy of What To Say On Your Website: 5 Things Your Customers Need To Hear You Say… is on its way to the email address you provided.
In the meantime, here is a list of tried, true, and trusted resources for entrepreneurs that I’ve personally benefited from, and believe you will too. I’ve used every single one of these resources and stand fully behind them. Let’s jump in.
Books: Business & Leadership
- The Consulting Bible – a must for consultants and/or freelancers
- EntreLeadership – small business wisdom
- The Personal MBA – skip business school!
- Never Eat Alone – great networking book
- Deep & Wide – church leadership done right
- Thou Shall Prosper – new perspective on money
- Duct Tape Marketing – the Bible of small business marketing
- Ogilvy on Advertising – a must read for every marketer (print recommended)
- Tested Advertising Methods – marketing copywriting classic (print only)
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing – marketing psychology
- Tribes – the importance of growing a following, then getting out of the way
- On Writing – best book on the craft of writing in our lifetime
- The Copywriter’s Handbook – copywriters, start here
- Advertising Headlines that Make You Rich – headlines are the most important
- Writing Riches￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼ – great overview on copywriting and product launches
Books: Personal Development
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – habits for growth
- Reinventing You – what to do when changing careers
- Quitter – the courage you need to leave your day job
- Necessary Endings – how to say “no” – one of the best I’ve ever read
- Paid to Speak – great for public speakers that want to grow
Courses / Coaching (Paid)
- Platform University with Michael Hyatt – building your blog and online presence
- Serious Bloggers Only with Jon Morrow – hardcore blogging site
- AWAI Course – amazing copywriting course
- Podcasting A to Z with Cliff Ravenscraft – launch your podcast (use “MikeKim” for $500 off!)
- This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt – leadership and platform building
- The Ray Edwards Show – marketing, business, personal development
- The EntreLeadership Podcast with Dave Ramsey – small business leadership
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast – church leadership
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn – making money online
- Starve the Doubts with Jared Easley – personal and career development
- The Charged Life with Brendon Burchard – motivational content
Web Design & Graphics
- Red Letter Design & Jason Clement – I use Jason for my blog and contract him for nearly every other consulting client, including the company where I work as chief marketing officer.
Web Hosting & WordPress Setup
- Bluehost – use this link and follow my video tutorial for discounted rates, a free domain name, and setup your blog in under 7 minutes!