This is a list of tried, true, and trusted resources for entrepreneurs that I’ve personally benefited from. No, it’s not everything; to get a complete education, I believe you need to purchase some home study courses or paid networks (some I recommend here). The problem is they can be expensive, more than you might be able to afford early in your career.
Books, on the other hand, only cost around $9.99. Podcasts and blogs are free. I’ve used every single one of these resources and stand fully behind them. Let’s jump in.
Books: Business & Leadership
- The Consulting Bible – a must for consultants and/or freelancers
- EntreLeadership – small business wisdom
- The Personal MBA – skip business school!
- Never Eat Alone – great networking book
- Deep & Wide – church leadership done right
- Thou Shall Prosper – new perspective on money
- Duct Tape Marketing – the Bible of small business marketing
- Ogilvy on Advertising – a must read for every marketer (print recommended)
- Tested Advertising Methods – marketing copywriting classic (print only)
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing – marketing psychology
- Tribes – the importance of growing a following, then getting out of the way
- On Writing – best book on the craft of writing in our lifetime
- The Copywriter’s Handbook – copywriters, start here
- Advertising Headlines that Make You Rich – headlines are the most important
- Writing Riches￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼ – great overview on copywriting and product launches
Books: Personal Development
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – habits for growth
- Reinventing You – what to do when changing careers
- Quitter – the courage you need to leave your day job
- Necessary Endings – how to say “no” – one of the best I’ve ever read
- Paid to Speak – great for public speakers that want to grow
Courses / Coaching (Paid)
- Platform University with Michael Hyatt – building your blog and online presence
- Serious Bloggers Only with Jon Morrow – hardcore blogging site
- AWAI Course – amazing copywriting course
- Podcasting A to Z with Cliff Ravenscraft – launch your podcast (use “MikeKim” for $500 off!)
- This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt – leadership and platform building
- The Ray Edwards Show – marketing, business, personal development
- The EntreLeadership Podcast with Dave Ramsey – small business leadership
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast – church leadership
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn – making money online
- Starve the Doubts with Jared Easley – personal and career development
- The Charged Life with Brendon Burchard – motivational content
Web Design & Graphics
- Red Letter Design & Jason Clement – I use Jason for my blog and contract him for nearly every other consulting client, including the company where I work as chief marketing officer.
Web Hosting & WordPress Setup
- Bluehost – use this link and follow my video tutorial for discounted rates, a free domain name, and setup your blog in under 7 minutes!