My time in Florida has come to a close (nothing to worry about, it was always intended to be a 6-month tenure) — and I have so many incredible insights from my time there.
When you work with people of the caliber of John Maxwell and Paul Martinelli, you’re bound to pick up on a few things. Here are just a few that impacted me, that I hope will help add value to you:
- Incentivize people with money and commissions. You’ll hear a bit of my background in sales (yes, I used to be a telemarketer!) and how I was inspired to return to my roots in commission-based incentives.
- You can’t save your way to wealth. I spent more money to keep my business running during this time period, and it made more money because of it.
- You’re being hired to either put out a fire or fan a flame. Remember this analogy! It will be of use to you when having conversations with potential clients.
- Telling is not selling. If all you do is tell, you aren’t having a conversation, you’re giving a lecture.
- There are fans, and there are people who actually want to learn.
My time in Florida was amazing from a professional standpoint. The wisdom I gained there is invaluable — but I also gained tremendous personal clarity because, well, I didn’t like living in Florida!
It was good for me in that I had a place to land for six months. Life was a bit chaotic the past few years, so it was good to be grounded for a season. I realized more than ever that I want to live in a place where I can feed off the energy, atmosphere, and culture.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com